Temora West has always been a school that takes pride in its determination and spirit. As early as 1924, through the "New Town" Progress Association, representations were made to the then Minister for Education to have a new school established in our area.
The school was officially opened on 25th September, 1959 by the Governor of N.S.W, Sir Eric Woodward. It not only served the parents of the immediate area, but through zoning it drew on the area previously served by the schools at Bagdad, Betric, Dunwell - Mimosa, Pucawan, Yarrandale - Wilna and Rannock. Later part of the Dirnaseer area was included.
The school was established on 3.7 hectares of sloping land, originally stony paddocks. The efforts of the different generations of parents, staff and students have helped change this into the superbly grassed and treed grounds of today.
The addition of the Multicategorical Class has further enriched our school community.
Shade shelters, playground equipment, a multi-purpose sport court and two permanent classrooms have helped develop the school into the perfect environment for educating the leaders of the future, our children.